Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. We provide opportunities for all children to create, play, perform and enjoy music; and to develop the skills to appreciate a wide variety of musical forms.
The aims of music teaching are to enable all children to:
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions. Drawing in on the works of great composers and musicians.
- Learn to sing and use their voices.
- Have the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument.
- Encourage the use of technology for music.
- Create and compose music individually, in small groups and as part of ensembles.
- Understand and explore how music is created.
|Beamz||Foundation Singing||Foundation Singing|
|Garage Band on iPads||Playing Chimes||Playing Ukuleles|
|Singing Playground Games||Year 4 play violins|